- I attended the Bon Iver show at the Wiltern last night and it was just an incredible show. I didn’t expect to be blown away. I got into the album and the Blood Bank EP and I simply wanted to hear my favorite tracks and call it an evening. But they put it down. Super pro and just heartfelt musicians. Very moving and totally worth every penny on tickets and drinks. Me and my lady had a great time.
- Despite last night being awesome, guess who showed up to the venue with Bob Dylan Palladium tickets and not Bon Iver tickets? ME! Gawd, hearing “Oh you got the wrong tickets” is NOT what you want to hear at the entrance doors. Luckily though, I had spotted my coworker’s girlfriend working the box as I walked in and when the usher told me to go tell to ticket booth my situation, I knew exactly who I was going to explain my situation to. It took under a minute, she handed me new tickets, no questions asked and I was inside in a jiff. Super stoked that I didn’t have to drive home and get the correct tickets. Made the night that much better.
- I’m really backing this Attack in Black album Years (By one Thousand Fingertips)
- As we left the show last night and I was buzzing it pretty good some young hispanic beggar dude with his hands in the prayer position asked for…ummm…he tried telling me that…hhmmm…actually I have no idea actually. He did what I mentioned he did and said “Pipirupo.” NO LIE. I told my girlfriend that had I been high as shit I would have thought that was a new language that we weren’t aware of. That moment was super weird. It definitely took me out of my moment and into an entirely different. The possibilities of a conversation with that guy would have been ridiculously interesting. We could not stop talking about it afterwards.
- There’s a party tonight and i’m going to party it up with my newly adopted Tias. I’m excited. I love this feeling of being accepted by new important people in my life. It’s all new to me. In past situations, I’ve avoided having to hang/visit in laws in any desperate way as possible. I’m too old for that and i’m glad that I look forward to it rather than dread it. “They like me, they REALLY like me. “
- I’m picking up the cake for the party tonight, Paradise Cake from Kings Hawaiian Bakery.
- The last episode of It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia was funny as shit. Shows that I refuse to miss: Mad Men, It’s Always Sunny In Philadephia, How I Met Your Mother and maybe maybe maybe The Big Bang Theory ( I enjoyed the new season premiere but don’t know how much i’d push to watch every episode this season)
- Shitty Bon Iver show iPhone picture to follow and my favorite Attack in Black track to follow.
- Hope everyone is having chill ass Saturday.
Bearded Ax Wound
Heard that for the first time today. Amazing.
Not-So-Perks of Having a Laptop
Deciding to get some chill time on the porch while putting some John Coltrane on Genius playlist. I forgot about the pinches hormigas. Back indoors it is. Alcabo que ni queria.